Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Changing Perspectives
The world around you is the way you tend to see it...basically it depends on your perspective. The same way when something is said it also depends on the way you take it, on one side you may take things in a good way where you want to improve yourself but the worst arises when things said are misunderstood. Today was just reflecting on the past during my evening walks when I always manage to feel one with nature, that all this while I have been telling myself to open up to life when it has so much to offer yet I haven’t been able to do so whole-heartedly cause somewhere something is stopping me or holding me back. Its all in the mind, its only when you let your mind open up to the surroundings is when you can open up to life completely. Letting go of the past is difficult as I said before but the process for me has begun and I have come a long way when things said or done don’t matter to me so much like it did in the past. Time to look for stability when I can see such drastic changes around me. The past does hurt no doubt not because it was bad but due to the fact that I had to let it go on such a bad note but, what is the use of holding onto something which gives me happiness but not the people around me who matter the most to me. Words of encouragement comes from close quarters which does help a lot, quoting ‘place me in your past see me if you have to see a wrong face, listen to my voice if past bad conversations hurt you, feel me around you standing strong to protect you.’ It is better to feel the good things of the past which have still remained with me rather than the ones which have left me and remembering them now hurts like hell. Yet advice again from Abhinav helps where I came to actually thank life for giving me a chance to experience something completely different, to be close to someone other than my family, to observe someone so closely, share secrets, jokes, comments, dreams, hopes and aspirations. It was a wonderful time when I had someone who would listen to me patiently for hours together without uttering one word lest I get disturbed in my usual sob stories of life!!! How I miss that patient ear now only I know but I still move on cause I still have that but now in a different form and Im not complaining. Looking back does hurt but when Im overcome with nostalgia more than the fights there are beautiful memories which I will cherish forever. It did manage to teach me lot of things and harsh realities of life. I have often complained that the past year ripped me off my peace of mind but on the brighter side it taught me the ways of life not to mention the working of the human brain with its varied interests. As I say life is too short for holding grudges or having regrets I manage to take life as it comes which might be sweet, bitter or sour...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment