Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Seeking Silence and Stillness
Looking for stillness in a world where everything is ephemeral; while I have found the silence, the stillness continues to elude me. The stillness might bring permanence in the silence induced, but the jargon of activities refutes the presence of stillness. I can only but imagine the beautiful silence that will descend if there is stillness all around. A silence that is so exquisite that it actuates clarity, logic and peace. A serenity that brings solace to the mind that I seek. I wish to bring stillness to my mind that tires itself with the worries and miseries of life. An urge persists to slow down, to bring everything to a standstill in a hope that the stillness brought about by doing so, will calm my mind and answer my queries. A stillness that holds even while everything around me seems to come crashing down. I seek the silence and stillness that will quench my thirst, that will show me what I have been yearning to behold; a panorama which is a pleasure to the beholder’s eyes, which does not vanish at the blink of an eye but continues to enamor and entice the person into perceiving it as reality; a vista that has all the perceptions of absolute tranquility yet motivates a person into action, which brings stillness in the mind yet it keeps all thought processes alive; a tableau that has silence so that you can hear the joys bundled up in your soul, but does not fail to echo any sound pleasant to the ear. It is the silence and stillness that I seek in myself and my surroundings which might bring the wanderlust finally to a place of rest to soak up the beauty of life in all possible dimensions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment