It is not said without reason that opposites attract, but for a friendship to endure all the highs and lows which include the intricacies of near self-destruction associated with both individuals involved in different degrees sometimes stupefies me. While stating that opposites attract I risk the generalization of this statement for both genders. It takes intricate understanding, trust and respect for a beautiful and enduring friendship to develop between two individuals. The uniqueness of my friendship with ‘Glori’ always manages to astound me cause every time I think I can fathom her multitudinous faculties Im proven wrong. There is so much more to her than what meets the eye, from her god-fearing pious and spiritual nature to the spontaneous side of her which sends me into peels of laughter; I can only but marvel at her various ways of enjoying the satirical situations surrounding us. The non stop imitation and the high pitched laughter which I say resembles the call of a hyena, now sends me into peels of laughter just at her sight. Her ability to find humor in the darkest of situations amuses one and all.
But what appeals to me the most is her spiritual side, her god fearing aspect of her nature and her ability to stay focused inspite of the repeated mocking and the ever present peer pressure. The main reason why I cherish her friendship is because of the quiet support and spiritually inclined suggestions that I receive from her. For a person like me who has gone from being an atheist to agnostic and finally spiritual, as I found the solace I was seeking, in spirituality; there has been a remarkable change.
One can never find peace elsewhere if one cant find peace in one’s ownself. As men ages ago spent countless years in search of peace, so did I for the last one year till I realized that what I was looking for would be found only within myself. Today as the tranquility and clarity is evident on my face I can see only her understanding the true value and meaning of it.
Today while meditating for the first time in two years I could truly fathom the profoundness and cherish the peace flooding my inner self. Last year during my trip to Chennai, I tried to acquire this very peace in falsehood and wanted to calm myself while the waves around me crashed and I stood stripped to my bare existence in the folds of Mother Nature. Each wave lapped my feet as if it mocked my attempts to finding peace in the jangle I was surrounded by and due to the lack of sincerity I was relegated to the mess I was tired of. While this conflict continued inside me I would notice a queer look in her eyes when she looked at me and today she reveals that it was an attempt to understand where I had lost all logic and understanding; and an urge to help but a fear of being rejected hence the quiet support and prodding’s. As logic, reasoning and understanding returns to me I cant thank the people enough around me who have helped me out of the mess which I had relegated myself to and also those who truly understand and along with me cherish the serenity that I have finally rediscovered.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment