Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Theatre

Been a long time since I wrote here...will give the usual excuse of not having time but ya there have been too many ideas to write about and too less a time to put them on paper. Life is blissfully busy again...and I don’t mind running or rather sprinting to keep up with it! I make sure that Im so tired by the end of the day that when I crawl into bed I fall asleep within seconds giving myself no time to think or recollect. Leaving aside the effects of the past on my present, theatre has been a welcome change in my life where in I have learnt to shed my inhibitions and feel more at ease with my limitations and shortcomings. It has even helped me in taking criticism in a good way, rather than bogging me down which initially it did I have learnt to take it in my stride. Looking at different emotions coming into play when different roles are being essayed only reminds me of Shakespeare quoting in Tempest, ‘all world’s a stage and every man has his part to play’. It depends on us how well we play this part assigned to us. The pure fun that I have in those three hours in the workshop is rejuvenating after being emotionally drained out over the last few months. Though I choose not to share the jokes with anyone else cause first and foremost they will not understand the workings and atmosphere of theatre and secondly it would butcher the pleasant memories. Im glad I have something worthwhile to keep myself busy for the next two months and hope to make full use of it!

No comments: