
'Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept noone's definition of your life, but define yourself.'
I often wonder that if every person followed this quote and stuck to it per se...how would life be? In relationships there is something called adjustments where we are not bullied but choose to remain silent to avoid hurting the other person or worsening the situation. Yet even this silence can be of two types : as mentioned above you choose to remain silent or the other where again you choose to remain silent not 'cause of the fear of hurting but in an attempt to get a better understanding of the situation you are in and then act accordingly. The latter which Im right now experiencing, I can say out of experience is not very easy to handle. There are times when Im so lost in my thought that I dont know what is going on around me so much that it irks the people around me. The silence is hardly what you can call forced its instinctive most of the time. I get a strong tendency to suddenly detach myself from the crowd that surrounds me and the best way I feel to detach myself other than walking away which I myself consider very rude is to shut off your brain and switch it on to your own specified mode. Its the best way to refresh your mind and yet at the same time indulge in a few blissful moments completely for yourself.
The silence that has descended over me is as I said instinctive and I often wonder What is wrong with me...but then I cant force my self to be vivacious when I dont feel like it. I've never been able to force myself to do something which I dont want to do...though I have sometimes given that power to the people close to me, to actually goad me into doing something which I dont wanna do and right now being in a reflective state of mind I absolutely hate myself for doing that. A voice at the back of my head now quietly reprimands me for giving that power to others to define my life. Comments from the critics in my life are most welcome only so long they are left to my discretion to imbibe the advices n comments. I personally feel that forcing someone actually amounts to unaccountable crime...might sound outstretched but come to think of it, it does ring true. It is better to screw up your life with your own hands rather than have someone else do it for you. The other person will be enjoying his/her life while you are left to deal with your miseries. The silence seems to have brought out a more reflective and contemplative side of me which is taking me closer to my old, stable self and I couldnt be happier rather I have had much more peace of mind than what I have had in the last one year. Its only when you are at peace with yourself that you can make peace with others. This silence what Im experiencing now, makes me wonder where it was so long? The minute I question myself my silence gives me the answer, it was lost in my rush of life...where I had created noise due to unwanted people and activities rather than a peaceful silence. But now when I have acquired this silence I refuse to let go of it...coz only this will help me walk confidently on path which Im walking, which seems to be criss-crossed with landmines...
I often wonder that if every person followed this quote and stuck to it per se...how would life be? In relationships there is something called adjustments where we are not bullied but choose to remain silent to avoid hurting the other person or worsening the situation. Yet even this silence can be of two types : as mentioned above you choose to remain silent or the other where again you choose to remain silent not 'cause of the fear of hurting but in an attempt to get a better understanding of the situation you are in and then act accordingly. The latter which Im right now experiencing, I can say out of experience is not very easy to handle. There are times when Im so lost in my thought that I dont know what is going on around me so much that it irks the people around me. The silence is hardly what you can call forced its instinctive most of the time. I get a strong tendency to suddenly detach myself from the crowd that surrounds me and the best way I feel to detach myself other than walking away which I myself consider very rude is to shut off your brain and switch it on to your own specified mode. Its the best way to refresh your mind and yet at the same time indulge in a few blissful moments completely for yourself.
The silence that has descended over me is as I said instinctive and I often wonder What is wrong with me...but then I cant force my self to be vivacious when I dont feel like it. I've never been able to force myself to do something which I dont want to do...though I have sometimes given that power to the people close to me, to actually goad me into doing something which I dont wanna do and right now being in a reflective state of mind I absolutely hate myself for doing that. A voice at the back of my head now quietly reprimands me for giving that power to others to define my life. Comments from the critics in my life are most welcome only so long they are left to my discretion to imbibe the advices n comments. I personally feel that forcing someone actually amounts to unaccountable crime...might sound outstretched but come to think of it, it does ring true. It is better to screw up your life with your own hands rather than have someone else do it for you. The other person will be enjoying his/her life while you are left to deal with your miseries. The silence seems to have brought out a more reflective and contemplative side of me which is taking me closer to my old, stable self and I couldnt be happier rather I have had much more peace of mind than what I have had in the last one year. Its only when you are at peace with yourself that you can make peace with others. This silence what Im experiencing now, makes me wonder where it was so long? The minute I question myself my silence gives me the answer, it was lost in my rush of life...where I had created noise due to unwanted people and activities rather than a peaceful silence. But now when I have acquired this silence I refuse to let go of it...coz only this will help me walk confidently on path which Im walking, which seems to be criss-crossed with landmines...
No comments:
Post a Comment